Photobucket Welcome to our little corner of the internet. We're glad you took time to stop by to visit, the critters and I like new faces. Linger a while and enjoy the life here, but beware, the squirrels will help themselves to anything you leave behind!

Jul 3, 2009

HAPPY JULY 4th!!






After many years of wanting to see the Navys Blue Angels I finally went!! Every year seems something came up that prevented me from going. It was always something. This year I was determined that no matter what, I would be there.
Although I had a pinched nerve in my back, poison ivy and knew I'd be sunburned even with sunscreen, I ventured out in over 90 degree heat to the airshow.
When they did their first fly over I was on my feet and didn't sit down the entire show. AMAZING!! They sort of 'sneak up' on the crowd, very quiet, then the sound catches up with them and they add to it with colored smoke and the spectacle begins. Just when you think you can't be any more impressed, they prove you wrong.
I felt such pride in our armed services that they could produce such talented people to do these maneuvers. Barrel rolls, straight dives toward the ground, pulling out at the last minute, flying in formation with wings almost touching. I could go on and on.........
I'll admit, I was so impressed I teared up. What an amazing country we live in.
God Bless The U.S.A!!!!

4 comments:

  1. AMEN!...I AM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing the Blue Angels perform when I was a child. Great memory!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went one year and seen them. I loved it, but they are very loud! The kids all came back with Blue Angels t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue angels were here about 3 weeks ago and missed them because hubby had to work on that Saturday and then Sunday it rained. :( I was so disapointed. Hubby and I have seen them probably 6 or 7 times. We used to go to the air show just about every year when my girls were little. Like the Thunderbirds too but not as much as the Blue Angels!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete